Participant Selection Criteria
Participants are selected at the organisers discretion, on the basis of one ore more of:
- The expertise to contribute to the exchange of e-campaigning knowledge (i.e. campaigning, fundraising, new media)
- Being involved in successful initiatives from which others can learn
- Diversity that contributes to the exchange of knowledge (i.e. organisations, issues, countries)
- Participating in the shaping of the event via the eCampaigning Forum Event web site and/or community lists
- Being able to attend both days of the event
- 2-3 years relevant experience, including volunteering, local activism and work beyond the campaign sector
- Those that have attended the eCampaigning Forum in the past
- Those willing to contribute before and/or during the event to help make it a success, especially:
- Finding sponsors for the event
- Attracting new qualified participants to the event
- Taking on a task before, during or after the event
- Participation is only confirmed upon full receipt of the fees
- Each organisation is initially limited to two participants. Different national offices count as different organisations
- Extra participants per organisation (> two) will be accepted on the basis of each extra participant having unique expertise to contribute and/or once the initial registration round is complete
- The eCampaigning Forum is a space that aims to be open and welcoming. Anyone behaving in a way that is racist or sexist can be excluded from the event by the organisers.
- Interested participants apply by initial deadline
- Applicants informed if they are offered a spot or if they are on the wait list
- Those offered a spot have 15 days to pay (payment must be received within 15 days)
- Those on the wait list will be offered a spot as they become available
- Participation is confirmed upon receipt of fee
Have a look at our Frequently asked questions section.
What is covered by the Event Fee?
- Attendance for both days of the eCampaigning Forum Europe (25-26 October, 2018)
- The meeting rooms and facilities for both days of the eCampaigning Forum
- Hiring facilitators, covering speaker costs, organiser effort, printed materials
- Vegan or vegetarian breakfast on both days
- Vegan or vegetarian lunch on both days
- Vegan or vegetarian dinner on Thursday
- Coffee and Snacks during the breaks
- Vegan or vegetarian "pre-event dinner" on Wednesday, if picked at registration
Depending on the options (e.g. accommodation, meals, transport) you picked at registration, there may be additional costs to cover these options.
Your details will be used:
- To assess your application for attending the eCampaigning Forum
- For Applicants: Saved as a record of who applied
- For Participants: Used for essential communication pre and post event leading up to and immediately following the event
- Participants Name, Organisation, Role, Country URL and Twitter username will be publicly listed
- Participants Name, Organisation, Role, Country, Email, Phone and IM details will only be distributed to other participants in printed format at the event and in electronic format after the event
- Participants topic interests and objectives for the event will be publicly listed
- Participants name and organisation will be provided to the venue reception to facilitate entry to the venue
- Participants agree that any photos, video or audio in which they appear and taken by FairSay and more onion can be used and distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales license.
- Applicants eligible to participate in a pre and/or post meeting will have relevant details passed to the appropriate pre-meeting coordinator
- Applicants indicating an interest in an offer by a third party will have their basic details (name, email, organisation, role) passed on to that third party.
- For applicants and participants: transferred to the eCampaigning Forum practitioners email discussion list 2-3 months the event in order to facilitate your continued engagement with the rest of the community
- For applicants and participants: invited to join and participate in various social networks in order to facilitate your engagement with the rest of the community
At any time you can ask for any of these uses to not apply to you and/or can remove yourself from any email list or other social network in which you are included.
How your details will not be used:
- Your details will not be sold, traded or otherwise distributed to others other than is specifically outlined above
- You won't be added to any email list without having specifically opted-in for it.
Fee Subsidy Criteria
To broaden access and increase the diversity of participants we may offer a reduced participation fee to applicants from small organisations, or grassroots campaigners. Any reduced fee is at the organiser's discretion, and will only be possible once we reach a certain level of paying participants, or if we secure sponsorship for a dedicated participation fund.
Fee Terms and Conditions
- Fees due in full 15 days from the date os issue or by the day before the event - whichever comes first. The organising fee rate is only valid for these 15 days after which a new invoice may be issued if the organising fee has increased.
- Participation is only confirmed upon receipt of the fee following a offer to attend (and assuming the participation offer hasn't been withdrawn due to late payment of fees)
- Payments by Credit Card via Pay Pal will also be billed for the processing fee more onion incurs so that more onion receives is the full invoiced amount
- There are no discounts or refunds for only attending part of the event.
Cancellations and Refunds
1. For the organising fee
- 100% Refund: If cancelled more than 30 days in advance
- 75% Refund: If cancelled 14-29 days in advance if another person can be found to attend at the same fee level (otherwise 0% refund)
- 50% Refund: If cancelled less than 14 days in advance if another person can be found to attend at the same fee level (otherwise 0% refund)
- 0% Refund: If a registered participant does not show up at the event
2. For the accomodation costs:
Booked accommodation must be paid for in full if cancelled with less than 30 days notice.
All refunds will be dealt with after the event and once all fees have been received and expenses paid.
Participants from Commercial Sector
ECF Participants from commercial sector (agencies, freelancers, service providers, consultancies, etc.) are welcome to join ECF if their expertise is of benefit to event participants and their organisations. However there are some constraints on their participation that is aimed to preserve the non-commercial atmosphere of the event, to prevent abuse of the event and to preserve the value of the event for sponsors.
Non-sponsoring commercial participants:
- Cannot provide parallel presentations (30 min) or short-presentations (7-8 min) unless they are invited by the organisers or get the permission of the organisers (who will ask about content and give guidance)
- Cannot distribute materials to all participants
- Cannot make announcements of promotions or other incentives to all participants
Commercial participants are free to propose open-space topics on any of the above and beyond. The best way for commercial participants to benefit from participating in ECF in addition to learning from others, is to share their expertise and build one-to-one relationships, through which NGO participants learn what you do and if they need what you can offer.
ECF is organised so it does not rely on sponsorship to be viable. Thus the role of sponsorship is to allow the core event to be extended such as event videos, expert workshops, piloting new streams, etc. Furthermore, to keep NGO participant focused the following sponsorship principles are followed:
- Sponsors have no automatic right to present. They may present if they having something of value to share (upon advance agreement)
- Sponsors commercial activity has to be agreed with the ECF organisers in advance (e.g. promotions, tables, announcements, distributions)
- Sponsors have no veto over the agenda or the topics. They may input the agenda like all participants (publicly or privately).